Weather is cool. There is always something amazing happening in weather; there is always something we can learn through observation, analysis, and intelligent discussion. Why not write about it? Consider this a blog, a forum, a place to discuss weather. Whatever I find interesting in the world of weather will be here. The analysis, observation, and discussion of weather can only make us better.
October 1, 2010
Doing It Live
About jason ahsenmacher
I am a meteorologist, and I like baroclinic instability. View all posts by jason ahsenmacher
This entry was posted on Friday, October 1st, 2010 at 7:35 AM and tagged with Convection, Jackson Hole, Meteorology, Mountains, Tetons, Thunderstorms, Weather, Wyoming and posted in Convection, Mountain Meteorology, Weather. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Doing It Live”
Tagsaberdeen ahsenmacher autumn baroclinic bombogenesis boundary layer chi chi equation cold air advection cold air outbreak Colorado Convection cyclogenesis doswell dt dynamic tropopause east coast fog forecasting froude gates of the mountains Gulf of Mexico gulf stream height tendency high IPV Isentropic Potential Vorticity Jackson Hole jason jason ahsenmacher jet streak Jet Stream lee trough Meteorology Minnesota missouri river mixing mn montana mountain blocking mountain convection Mountains nor'easter omega omega equation Pacific polar jet potential vorticity pressure PV QG quasigeostrophic radar record breaking storm record sea level pressure record surface pressure satellite severe snow south dakota supercells surface bomb synoptic terrain Tetons Thunderstorms trough typhoon megi upslope valley fog vorticity warm conveyor belt wave Weather Wyoming
- Welcome to Alaska, Baroclinic Style.
- The Role of Deep, Moist Convection and Diabatic Heating In Association With A Rapidly Intensifying Cyclone: A QG/PV Analysis
- The Potential Role of Moisture/Latent Heat Release and Cyclone Self Development (Sutcliffe-Petterssen Self Development)
- High Plains Convection, the Ineffectiveness of Surface-6 km Bulk Shear, and the Effectiveness of IPV in Synoptic Diagnosis.
- The Beauty of Our Atmosphere
- 23,032 hits